Trekabout Photography Workshops - Creating Adventure Through Photography
Workshops, Tours, Adventures with AIPP* Accredited Professional Photographer Mark Rayner and the Dream Team
Brisbane Two Day Post Processing and Workflow Bootcamp - Workshop Class
Online One-to-One Training and Tuition now available
Call me on 0459221678 or email to find out more and book your session. Hourly, Half or Full Day sessions available.
Reduced private online tuition fees during the current Covid-19 crisis.
Where: Caboolture - Queensland
Next available workshop: Next Workshop TBA
Please check back for additional dates. If you subscribe to the TREKeZine RSS feed, you will be automatically notified when more workshop dates are released.
Click here for Workshop Dates.
Call Mark on 0459 221 678 for more information or click here to book.
Due to popular demand Mark is pleased to offer a digital post-processing and workflow program with particular emphasis on Adobe Lightroom , Adobe Photoshop and a number of Mark's favourite plug-ins such as the NIK Collection and Luminar 4 (check out the links at the bottom of the page).
The workshop is spread over two days, incorporating 5 two hour sessions and a 3 hour 'Phototrek' to begin the workshop. Held in the Caboolture 'HUB' , there is plenty of parking available with easy access.
The workshop will cover:
- Importing, opening images and managing your catalog
- Image resolution
- Selections and masks
- Colour and white balance adjustments
- File formats
- Batch processing
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Exporting and saving
- Automating tasks
- Noise reduction
- Focus stacking
- Panorama stitching
- and much, much more.
Monday and Tuesday 8:30am to 5:00pm
We commence proceedings shooting the surrounding area including the very picturesque Centenery Lakes during a 2.5 hour photo walk. We will all be photographing together and this shoot will provide most of the imagery for the weekend's processing tuition. You will be working from scratch on images from your own camera.
This session covers the basics of Adobe Bridge, Camera Raw and LR Develop and de-mystifying the connections of both with Photoshop. Mark will show you how best to transfer your images to your computer and some convenient protocols for folder naming and storage. We will also look at how Adobe Lightroom can be incorporated in your Photoshop workflow.
This session will cover image adjustment and enhancement in LR Develop and Camera Raw and look at a number of techniques to speed up the post-processing workflow. We will look at the various adjustment modules and tools which will become the backbone of your image processing.
Make your bird and wildlife images special.
Image processed in Lightroom, Photoshop and Luminar 4
Your Landscape images will stand out from the crowd.
Image processed in Lightroom and NIK Collection
We will start to get into some of the new user friendly aspects of Lightroom and Photoshop and really begin to make a difference to our RAW files to produce images with that "Wow" factor. We'll look at the best way to set up your tool panels and optimise your workspace to suit your style and needs. You will explore the different tools available in Photoshop and how and when to use them.
Learn how to turn an overexposed washed out image into a dramatic, punchy photograph in just a few easy steps.
To help speed up the workflow process we will begin to incorporate plug-ins, presets, actions and scripts. As well as providing you with many ready to use presets and actions, Mark will guide you through the process of creating your own actions to speed up processes that you find yourself doing more often.
You'll learn how to create stunning, unique and interesting backgrounds for your "studio" portraits and much more.
By this session you will have a new understanding of presets, actions, scripts, plug-ins, batch processing, curves, layers, masks, resolution, filters and many more terms.This session will put your new found knowledge and skills to work and consolidate what you have learned into a smooth and efficient workflow. We will also look at the basics of some of the hot topics of digital photography such as HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama stitching and more.
Many of the features demonstrated and discussed relate to the latest and vastly improved Adobe Photoshop. A free 30 day trial version is available for download from Adobe.
Similarly you will need the latest Lightroom Classic installed. A free 30 day trial version is available for download from Adobe.
Check it out here. If you intend using the trial , please install it before the workshop to ensure you are ready to go.
There are many out there but Mark's preferred plug-ins are the NIK Collection by DxO and Luminar 4 by Skylum.
Bringing a whole new world of editing power to your fingertips, both are available for trial.
Click on the links below to check them out and download your trial or purchase.
Composite images will be fun and simple to create
Image processed in Lightroom and Luminar 4
Focus stacking and compositing in Photoshop will take your images to the next level.
Processed in Lightroom and Photoshop
Things you will need:
- Laptop computer (Windows or Mac) with external power supply
- Camera and basic 'walk-around' (24-70mm or similar) lens plus a longer zoom for a bird session.
- Latest Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom Classic pre-installed (a free 30 day fully functioning trial is available for from the Adobe website)
- Card reader or camera and USB connection lead.
Call Mark on 0459 221 678 to book your spot.
Please note: Due to Covid-19 restrictions this workshop is limited to 6 participants. This will ensure that you receive comprehensive personal tuition from Mark. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further details or if you have any other questions, please phone Mark on 0459 221678. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Create stunning panoramas with a few easy steps.
Processed in Lightroom and Photoshop
250 exclusive presets to help you find your own style
Explore an amazing creative palette with help from presets designed by professional photographers, and transform your photos into genuine works of art.
Revolutionary U Point™ technology
Adjust the settings of specific areas in your photos with Control Points. No need for masks or complex layers. Each selection is automatic and incredibly precise.
Seamlessly integrated into your workflow
Keep your normal workflow: Nik Collection by DxO can be used as a plugin within Adobe Lightroom Classic, Adobe Photoshop, and DxO PhotoLab.
LUMINAR AI by Skylum - Simply amazing - Special offer, pre-order finishing soon.
Click HERE To view the offer
A reinvented editing process. Templates with AI assistance.
LuminarAI templates with AI assistance are a results-oriented approach that delivers professional quality in a fraction of the time.
- Templates are created in collaboration between our in-house team of professional colorists and world-class photographers to ensure the highest quality output.
- Images are scanned for content and needs. Then AI assistance is offered.
- LuminarAI suggests Templates that are useful for each image.
- Choosing the perfect Template is now faster than ever with AI assistance.
- You can adjust the strength of the Template easily.
- If you want to edit further, you can click into the Edit module and see the tools used for further refinement.
- This guided editing eliminates the need to guess, but still provides full control when you want it.
With LuminarAI, there are even more ways to improve your image. You’ll find a complete Edit module with perfectly organized tools and a refined interface with reduced clutter. There are also several new technologies that offer exciting improvements to your photos.
New technologies include:
- Perfect framing with CompositionAI
- Automatically fix alignment for a level photo
- Automatically fix perspective to remove unwanted tilt or distortion
- AI-powered cropping suggestions designed with the input of top photographers
- Atmospheric effects emulation with AtmosphereAI
- Add or enhance depth to a scene with mist or fog
- Powered by a unique 3D depth mapping technology, the atmosphere is composited into the scene with photo-realistic results.
- Creates natural-looking atmospheric effects that add depth and drama
- Breathtaking eyes with IrisAI
- Easily enhance or change eye color for portraits
- Add catchlights or highlights to enhance the eyes to create an alluring gaze
- Combines seamlessly with other tools to remove dark circles, whiten eyes and sharpen for dramatic effect.
- Naturally shape a subject with BodyAI.
- Subjects are automatically identified for quick refinement.
- Easy controls to shape bodies naturally – adding or subtracting weight as desired and compensating for unflattering poses or camera angles.
- An automated and non-destructive body enhancement so you can quickly refine the tool at any time.
Speed and control at your fingertips.
To create all these fantastic results takes a lot of power under the hood. That’s why we built an all-new artificial intelligence engine. The core of LuminarAI is both faster and smarter. You get higher-quality results in far less time.
- Classifications of more than 7,000 kinds of objects to improve AI editing. Luminar recognizes the content of images and makes suggestions when you use the AI-powered tools or templates.
- 3D depth reconstruction can analyze every photo and determine the placement of objects. This drives better results when refining the depth of field or adjusting the atmosphere of an image.
- There’s a new, nondestructive Local Adjustments tool that lets you brush in color, detail and sharpness to make intelligent portrait and skin adjustments. This tool is much faster and easier than traditional layers.
- Significantly improved Eraser and Clone & Stamp tools offer better results on even complex areas. The effects are non-destructive and don’t need layers to work. This means they can be easily used at any stage of the editing process.
- There are also new and improved tools for color grading. Artistically adjust color in a photo for storytelling purposes. Quickly color grade with new Moods (powered by LUTs) or take professional control with the Color Harmony tool.
We’re so confident you’ll love LuminarAI that we offer a Happiness Guarantee. You have 30 days after we ship the software to try it out and make sure it’s perfect for you.Click HERE to download a free trial
Image processed in Lightroom and NIK Collection
Image processed in Lightroom, NIK Collection and Luminar 4
Image processed in Lightroom
Amazing, easy techniques to create HDR and composite images