Trekabout Photography Workshops - Creating Adventure Through Photography
Workshops, Tours, Adventures with AIPP* Accredited Professional Photographer Mark Rayner and the Dream Team
Half Day, Full Day, Weekend and Extended Photography Tuition. Photography classes, tips, tricks, workshops and tours.
The Dream Team
Four photographers. Many, many strengths. Well over a hundred years’ experience between them.
Landscape, Macro, Bird, Wildlife, Street, Travel, People, Astro, Aerial and much, much more.
Would you like to take your photography to the next level?
Learn techniques you didn’t even know existed?
Produce stunning images you’ll be proud to print and hang?
Join the Dream Team as they take you to amazing destinations which make learning photography a magical experience.
Mark Rayner - David Metcalf - Pamela Jennings - Dick Jenkin
Climb onboard and let us help you turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.
We find ourselves in extraordinary times. Restrictions and lockdowns are impacting all of us.
We are all in this together and I am positive we'll come out the other side and life will return to something like it was before.
Your health is the number one concern and the government directives should not be taken lightly. Yes, it's painful but necessary if we are to minimise the impact of the deadly Covid-19 virus.
Workshops where close contact is unavoidable have therefore been postponed until we can all safely shake hands again.
Postponements (at this stage) affect Morocco, Japan, Christmas Island and Flinders Ranges/Gluepot , Kimberley, Kakadu and WA Wildflowers workshops.
Queensland workshops are unaffected.
In the meantime please stay safe and healthy.
Online One-to-One Training and Tuition now available
Call me on 0459221678 or email to find out more and book your session. Hourly, Half or Full Day sessions available.
Reduced private tuition fees during the current Covid-19 crisis.
All the latest free webinars are now online and available HERE.
Creating adventure through photography, Trekabout Photography Workshops offer personalised photographic tuition, in stunning natural locations and at affordable prices. Photography workshops and tours are available across Australia and many other worldwide locations.
Photography workshops are offered by many, many companies. Attention to detail and high levels of hands-on individual tuition set Trekabout Photography Workshops apart from the pack.
Trekabout's “in-the-field” photography courses, workshops and tours mean more hands-on teaching and less time spent in a classroom environment. Trekabout cater for any level of experience, from the beginner with a compact camera to the more experienced photographer who is using more advanced equipment. If you would like to learn how to use your digital camera more effectively and pick up techniques that will allow you to take more stunning photos, Trekabout Photography Workshops are for you.
With workshops on Queensland's Sunshine Coast as well as Brisbane, Flinders Ranges, Melbourne, Hunter Valley, North Queensland, Broome, The Kimberley, Alice Springs and the Red Centre, Christmas Island, Fraser Island and overseas destinations such as Madagascar, Bali, Java, Borneo, California, Alaska, Vietnam, New Zealand, Namibia, Tanzania, Botswana, South Africa, Japan and many more there is sure to be something that will interest you.
In one day we will make you a better photographer. Imagine how you will benefit by attending an extended workshop?
NEW NON-DESTRUCTIVE WORKFLOW FOR ADOBE LIGHTROOM USERS
The non-destructive workflow is a completely new feature and exclusive to Nik Collection 3. By using the TIFF MULTIPAGE file format, Nik Collection 3 can combine an input file with your original Lightroom edits as well as any changes you’ve made using Nik Collection 3 plugins. Save both sets of edits in a single file.
The plugins can open an image in Adobe Lightroom Classic without changing any of the filters that were applied the last time the file was saved. Return to edits as many times as you like without losing any original adjustments made with Adobe Lightroom Classic.
Non-destructive workflow gives maximum flexibility when editing and is a huge improvement for users of Adobe Lightroom Classic and DxO PhotoLab.
NEW GEOMETRIC CORRECTIONS
Perspective Efex automatically corrects geometric distortions in your photos. It’s the quickest and easiest way to fix even the most complex geometric distortions.
Either by using reference lines or automatic correction, Perspective Efex can correct any unsightly leading lines in urban and architectural photos, no matter how complex. It’s your best tool to correct keystoning.
Using a one-of-a-kind database created from DxO’s optical modules, Perspective Efex also removes all types of distortion, including barrel, pincushion, and fisheye distortion.
Perspective Efex, is the only plugin on the market that can automatically correct distortions to the shapes of bodies and faces located along the edges of wide-angle photos, resulting in images that accurately reflect reality.
NEW MINIATURE EFFECT
Take control of the focal point in your photos. Place the emphasis exactly where it works best. With two blur gradients and the flexibility to apply blur just where you want it, Nik’s Miniature Effect can create the perfect amount of transition from sharpness to blur. Add dramatically shallow focus to food shots or turn regular photos into miniature scenes. This brilliant tool even lets you simulate wide-aperture settings for superb and convincing bokeh effects.
EXCLUSIVE U POINT™ - DESIGNED FOR PRECISION
Based on Control Points, U POINT technology lets you flexibly apply local adjustments and tweak settings on specific areas of an image. Alterations can include attributes such as Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Structure, and much more! The system is ideal for selecting areas that aren’t completely round and selections can even be extended to areas that are partially shaded.
LUMINAR AI by Skylum - Simply amazing - Special pre launch offer closing soon!
Click HERE To view the offer
A reinvented editing process. Templates with AI assistance.
LuminarAI templates with AI assistance are a results-oriented approach that delivers professional quality in a fraction of the time.
- Templates are created in collaboration between our in-house team of professional colorists and world-class photographers to ensure the highest quality output.
- Images are scanned for content and needs. Then AI assistance is offered.
- LuminarAI suggests Templates that are useful for each image.
- Choosing the perfect Template is now faster than ever with AI assistance.
- You can adjust the strength of the Template easily.
- If you want to edit further, you can click into the Edit module and see the tools used for further refinement.
- This guided editing eliminates the need to guess, but still provides full control when you want it.
With LuminarAI, there are even more ways to improve your image. You’ll find a complete Edit module with perfectly organized tools and a refined interface with reduced clutter. There are also several new technologies that offer exciting improvements to your photos.
New technologies include:
- Perfect framing with CompositionAI
- Automatically fix alignment for a level photo
- Automatically fix perspective to remove unwanted tilt or distortion
- AI-powered cropping suggestions designed with the input of top photographers
- Atmospheric effects emulation with AtmosphereAI
- Add or enhance depth to a scene with mist or fog
- Powered by a unique 3D depth mapping technology, the atmosphere is composited into the scene with photo-realistic results.
- Creates natural-looking atmospheric effects that add depth and drama
- Breathtaking eyes with IrisAI
- Easily enhance or change eye color for portraits
- Add catchlights or highlights to enhance the eyes to create an alluring gaze
- Combines seamlessly with other tools to remove dark circles, whiten eyes and sharpen for dramatic effect.
- Naturally shape a subject with BodyAI.
- Subjects are automatically identified for quick refinement.
- Easy controls to shape bodies naturally – adding or subtracting weight as desired and compensating for unflattering poses or camera angles.
- An automated and non-destructive body enhancement so you can quickly refine the tool at any time.
Speed and control at your fingertips.
To create all these fantastic results takes a lot of power under the hood. That’s why we built an all-new artificial intelligence engine. The core of LuminarAI is both faster and smarter. You get higher-quality results in far less time.
- Classifications of more than 7,000 kinds of objects to improve AI editing. Luminar recognizes the content of images and makes suggestions when you use the AI-powered tools or templates.
- 3D depth reconstruction can analyze every photo and determine the placement of objects. This drives better results when refining the depth of field or adjusting the atmosphere of an image.
- There’s a new, nondestructive Local Adjustments tool that lets you brush in color, detail and sharpness to make intelligent portrait and skin adjustments. This tool is much faster and easier than traditional layers.
- Significantly improved Eraser and Clone & Stamp tools offer better results on even complex areas. The effects are non-destructive and don’t need layers to work. This means they can be easily used at any stage of the editing process.
- There are also new and improved tools for color grading. Artistically adjust color in a photo for storytelling purposes. Quickly color grade with new Moods (powered by LUTs) or take professional control with the Color Harmony tool.
We’re so confident you’ll love LuminarAI that we offer a Happiness Guarantee. You have 30 days after we ship the software to try it out and make sure it’s perfect for you.Click HERE to download a free trial
Private Tailored Photography tuition and adventure tours to cater for individual or small groups available. Photography, post-processing or both at a half day, full day or extended session.
Check out the details here.
Start planning now to enhance your photography skills in the most amazing locations.
Call now for more information. Mark 0459 221 678
Australia Photography Workshops - Half Day, Full Day and Weekend
Trouble deciding on a gift for that "hard to buy for" friend? Do you have a budding photographer in your family?
TREKABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY GIFT VOUCHERS NOW AVAILABLE
One voucher covers a range of workshops. Why not purchase a Trekabout Photography Workshop Gift Voucher ? Our photography workshops are extremely popular as gifts and offer people a chance to receive a present that they will greatly benefit from.
Australia Photography Workshops, Tours and Adventures - Five Days or more
International Photography Workshops, Tours and Adventures
Professional photographer, Mark Rayner has over 40 years of photographic experience.
He is an AIPP Fully Accredited professional photographer and is passionate about his craft, a good communicator and very experienced tutor. As well as lots of group tuition, each and every participant will receive personalised tutoring, suiting their individual level and needs.
While in the field, you will be shown how to achieve the best results from your camera. On selected workshops, Mark will critique some of the photos taken that day and give advice on any improvements that can be made.
Numbers are limited to small manageable groups assuring you of very personal attention with high levels of one-to-one tuition.
You will learn much more with hands-on photographic tuition, by a highly-professional photographer and experienced tutor, than you will ever gain from reading photography books and magazines or browsing the internet.
Over the years, Mark has learned many techniques and tips that has allowed him to become successful in his field. He will share this experience and knowledge throughout each “in-the-field” workshop presented.
You will be guided through a simplified digital workflow to make post-processing of images easier, as well as a few quick tips on some of the more useful image-manipulation techniques.
Each workshop is tailored to different aspects of photography, where there will be an opportunity to experiment with various methods and styles.
Mark has a professional, yet relaxed tuition style. You will learn many new techniques and have fun in the process.
Private Tailored Photography tuition and adventure tours to cater for individual or small groups available. Photography, post-processing or both at a half day, full day or extended session. Having trouble with your Lightroom catalog and workflow. Easily sorted.
Check out the details here.