Next Workshop: TBA
Please check back for additional dates. If you subscribe to the TREKeZine RSS feed, you will be automatically notified when more workshop dates are released.
Click here for Workshop Dates.
Click here for Bookings.
9:00am - 4:30pm
Your day starts by learning how to take great wildlife photos at the Walkabout Creek Wildlife Centre, including an assortment of birds in the rainforest aviary, Pretty-faced Wallabies with their joeys and other native wildlife.
Mark will start off with a session detailing correct camera settings and the best techniques for optimising exposure and focus. If you are not familiar with Back Button Focus all will be revealed and your cameras set up.
After lunch when we will relocate to a private wildlife breeder’s premises at Closeburn.
The day's tuition so far will prepare you for the highlight of the day, a 3 hour session photographing rare and unusual wildlife.
Some of the species are virtually impossible to photograph in the wild, so this is a chance you will not want to miss.
You will have an amazing opportunity to photograph tame native wildlife at a private breeder’s collection. Some of the native wildlife species that we will photograph (depending on availability on the day) include:
- Leaf-tailed Gecko and Knob-tailed Gecko
- Bearded Dragon, Southern Angle-headed Dragon, Water Dragon and Boyd’s Rainforest Dragon
- Pink-tongue Skink, Blue-tongue Skink and Shingleback Lizard
- Carpet Python, Diamond Python and Brown Tree Snake
- Magnificent Tree Frog, Gold Tree Frog, Green Tree Frog, White-lipped Tree Frog and Burrowing Desert Frog
- Various other reptiles
Mark will give professional photographic tuition throughout the workshop. He will teach you how to take better photos as well as getting the most out of your camera.
Things you will need:
- Camera gear
- Any medium telephoto lenses ranging from 70mm to 300mm (don't worry if you don't have specialist lenses - you will still learn a lot with your Digital SLR and kit lens).
- Macro lens (if available)
- Memory card(s),
- Sturdy tripod
- Camera owners manual - Important!
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen and hat
- FULLY CHARGED BATTERY and spare batteries
Price: $340.00 per person (please note a 2.9% service fee applies to credit card payments)
Includes entry fees and charges
Click here to book this workshop
Please note: This workshop is limited to 7 participants to ensure one-to-one tuition opportunities.
Please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further details on any workshops or if you have any other questions, please phone Mark on 0459 221678. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org