Beginners Experience - Getting Off Auto
Next Workshop: TBA
Please check back for additional dates. If you subscribe to the TREKeZine RSS feed, you will be automatically notified when more workshop dates are released.
Click here for Workshop Dates.
Click here for Bookings.
- Session 1 - 9:00am - Meet downstairs at Caboolture HUB in the Studio Workshop for a ‘Back to Basics’ classroom session to kick off. Here we’ll go through camera settings in depth and really look at what your camera is capable of.
- 10:30am - Morning tea
- Session 2 - 10:45am - This session will explain and demystify those ‘other’ settings on your camera. You’ll learn about depth of field, shutter speed, ISO, focus points, metering and much more, Easy things for the experts but quite daunting to people new to digital photography.
- 12:30pm – Lunch break
- Session 3 - 1.30pm – After lunch we’ll head off for a photo trek. We have some beautiful lakes almost across the road and a plentiful supply of birds too. You’ll learn the best settings for particular circumstances and put some of the mornings theory into practice.
- Session 4 - 3:00 pm – Back to the classroom and you’ll see the fruits of your labour. We’ll upload some of the images from the shoot and go through some basic editing skills to get you started on enhancing your images.
- 4.30pm - Finish
This full day photography workshop has been specifically designed with the beginner photographer in mind. Mark will explain the basics of photography, show you some simple techniques and talk to you individually about your camera settings. Mark is extremely patient and understanding and will make sure every participant feels comfortable with the tuition they receive.
If you are thinking about upgrading your camera or tripod or any of your gear, this is a great opportunity to get good solid advice on what works and what doesn’t.
Things you will need:
- Camera gear - Digital or Digital SLR with FULLY CHARGED BATTERY.
- Any lenses ranging from 15mm to 300mm (don't worry if you don't have all the lenses - you will still learn a lot with your digital SLR and kit lens)
- Memory card(s),
- Sturdy tripod (don’t worry if you don’t have one - there are spares).
- Camera owners manual - Important!
- Comfortable non-slip walking shoes/ boots.
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen and hat
- Spare batteries
Lunch: Bring your own or purchase nearby.
Price: $270.00 per person
Click here to book this workshop.
Please note: This workshop is limited to 7 participants. This will ensure that there is plenty of time for you to receive comprehensive personal tuition from Mark. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
For further details on any of our workshops or if you have any other questions, please phone Mark on 0459 221678.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com