Where: Bali and Borneo
Booking information at the bottom of this page.
Please check back for additional dates. If you subscribe to the TREKeZine RSS feed, you will be automatically notified when more workshop dates are released.
Our mates in Kalimantan give us a big thumbs up too!
Join experienced adventurous professional travel photographer Mark Rayner and Dave ‘Dayak’ Metcalf on a photographic adventure of a lifetime. This combination tour takes you on a journey to two vastly different islands – Bali and Borneo, each of them beautiful and mystical in their own way.
Bali has volcanoes, ancient ceremonies, and stunning landscapes allowing you, the photographer to capture green lush rice fields and experience the friendly local Balinese people.
Borneo is big and bold and bursting with wildlife. You will get to meet the beautiful orangutans, capture the magnificent Hornbill bird sweeping across the sky and experience indigenous tribal cultures, as we stop at small riverside villages and meet the Dayak people.
David Metcalf’s long association with the Dayaks have allowed for a unique visit to a special village. The Dayaks love to meet foreigners and willingly engage with you, the photographer, allowing for some excellent portrait photography and a genuine exchange of cross-culture dialogue.
We have fun, and we put you in the right places for getting great shots with the right light. Our tuition is professional, practical, and you will learn more about your personal level of photography with the expert guidance of these two award-winning photographers.
Teaching and patience will be delivered.
The art of story telling through your vision and what you capture is what you will receive.
- Colourful Balinese dance in the non-tourist area of West Bali
- Beautiful sunsets over the Indian Ocean
- Ancient holy temples
- Fishing villages with hundreds of colourfully decorated boats
- Exciting buffalo racing in the rice fields of West Bali
- World Heritage listed rice fields
- Terraced rice fields of Bali
- Waterfalls and the natural beauty of Munduk, North Bali
- Colour and vibrancy of traditional Balinese ceremonies
- Bali’s largest Volcano Mt Agung from many different angles
- Borneo Orangutans in their natural forest environment in two distinctly different areas, TanjungPuting NP and on an island near Palangkaraya.
- Borneo traditional Dayak villages
- Borneo – by invitation only a special Dayak dance and music performance in the forest
- Meeting the children of Katimpun Village, who are supported by this tour and an on-going 3-year education project first hand
- Traditional medicine and handicraft of the indigenous Dayak cultures
- 3 days on a comfortable, air-conditioned boat (Australian owned and operated) travelling the ancient rivers of central Borneo where we witness stunning sunsets and dine on 5-star food.
This amazing photography tour workshop is designed to suit the beginner or serious enthusiast. A digital SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera is recommended, however, any camera that has manual functions would also be suitable. Best lenses to bring include a longer zoom and wide angled lens (and macro lens if you own one). A sturdy tripod is essential.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
• Ancient temple ruins etc
• HDR techniques
• Lighting (natural/flash/reflectors etc)
• Exposure and metering techniques
• Streamlining your digital workflow and image post-processing techniques
Please join us on a unique and extraordinary photography adventure. You will have many opportunities to receive one-on-one tuition and move your photography skills along. Personal attention is our commitment to you. Mark and Dave are both expert tutors and have 80 years combined photography experience.
We are offering an early bird special for this trip; if a 50 % deposit is received by June 1st, 2016 you are eligible to receive a USD $300 discount. A huge saving. Book now!
$ 5,600 USD p.p based on single
$ 5,000 USD Twin share.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL . IF YOU PUT YOUR DEPOSIT DOWN BEFORE JUNE 1 YOU GET $ 300 USD OFF THE SINGLE PRICE.
This amazing tour will fill up quickly, so please contact Mark to secure your place.
Balance payable 60 days before workshop.
(please note a 2.9% handling fee applies to credit card payments)
• 12 nights accommodation.
- 2 nights/ 3 days on boat cruising the waterways of Borneo
- TanjungPuting boat tour fees
- All food
- Domestic Flights
- All Transport
- Local Guide Fees
- Photographer teachers fees
- Park fees
- Local boats
Travel insurance is mandatory and remains your responsibility.